- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 salmon fillet (2 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Rub over flesh side of fillet; refrigerate for 30 minutes. Place skin side down in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forIsland Spiced Salmon
"One of my favorite ways to prepare salmon. My picky husband liked it too"
"My husband is not always a willing participant in the "eating healthy" area. To him, fish should be fried in beer batter! He loves salmon made this way. He tells other people who don't like salmon they need to try it this way! I make this almost weekly!"
"Overall, I thought it was way too sweet. If I were going to try it again, I would change it up - cut back on the brown sugar and add more cumin and a dash of cayenne."
"This was very easy to put together and I'm as lazy as they come when putting recipes together. Had a number of people over to try this and all have really enjoyed it."
"I have made this several times. It is my favorite way to serve salmon, and it is so easy! I add a little garlic powder and onion powder to the rub, and some dried basil, because I add basil to everything."