Island Sausage Wraps
The filling in these wraps is loaded with bold flavors that all work together. It's so good you could eat it with a fork or just serve it with some pita or tortilla chips.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup mango chutney
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 package (12 ounces) fully cooked chorizo chicken sausage links or flavor of your choice, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, sliced
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 2 cups sliced peeled mangoes
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple chunks, well drained
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 6 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), room temperature
- In a small saucepan, combine chutney and barbecue sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool to room temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown chicken sausage in oil; remove meat and keep warm. In the same skillet, saute red pepper until tender.
- Spoon the rice, red pepper, mangoes, onion, pineapple, cilantro, sauce mixture and chicken sausage down the center of each tortilla; roll up.
Nutrition Facts1 wrap: 506 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 958mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 5g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Island Sausage Wraps in Everyday Chicken Honda 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.