You can turn a boring chicken into an extra ordinary chicken with this easy-to-make dish. The flavors blend together perfectly and it makes a pretty presentation.—Evelyn Cleare, Miami, Florida
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (5 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons orange marmalade
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 medium mango, peeled, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach, cut into strips
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the orange juice, 2 tablespoons oil, jerk seasoning and garlic powder. Flatten chicken breasts to 1/2-in. thickness; add to marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk the sauce ingredients until blended. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Drain chicken and discard marinade. In a large skillet, cook chicken in remaining oil for 5-6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the mango, spinach and red pepper. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining slaw ingredients until blended. Drizzle over mango mixture; toss to coat. Serve with chicken and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Island Chicken with Mango Slaw and Curry Sauce in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p40