Irish Spud Strips
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 4-1/2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2-1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and sliced lengthwise into 1/4 inch strips
- Additional Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the Parmesan cheese and Cajun seasoning. In an electric skillet, heat oil to 375°. Pat potatoes dry with paper towels; place a third of the strips in a bag and shake to coat. Cook in hot oil for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining potato strips. Sprinkle with additional Parmesan cheese if desired.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 17, 2014
Don't like cajun seasoning (too spicy), so will try italian seasoning instead. Otherwise, it's good.
Apr 28, 2012
Oh My Gosh! These are fantastic. I used less cajun seasoning and added 2 teaspoons of chili seasoning and 4 tablespoons of Parmesan cheese. Definite keeper for something different in potatoes.