Irish Creme Chocolate Trifle
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling
- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup refrigerated Irish creme nondairy creamer
- 3-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 packages (3.9 ounces each) instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups whipped topping
- 12 mint Andes candies, chopped
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using a 13x9-in. pan. Cool in pan on a wire rack 1 hour.
- With a meat fork or wooden skewer, poke holes in cake about 2 in. apart. Slowly pour creamer over cake; refrigerate, covered, 1 hour.
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mixes 2 minutes; let stand until soft-set, about 2 minutes.
- Cut cake into 1-1/2-in. cubes. In a 3-qt. trifle or glass bowl, layer a third of each of the following: cake cubes, pudding, whipped topping and candies. Repeat layers twice. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 343 calories, 14g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 363mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 31, 2018
Why did the author say she came up with this recipe because she was given a bottle of liqueur as a gift, and then there's no liqueur in the actual recipe? Is there a reason the actual Irish Cream liqueur doesn't work instead of non-dairy creamer? They are hardly equal in quality or taste.
May 7, 2018
It us ok. But too fatty for me to consume. Too much heavy cream and loaded of cholesterol
Jan 13, 2018
This is one of those " Oh, my goodness" recipes. It combines the best of everything for a rich and decadent dessert! I will make it again for our St. Patrick's day celebration!
Apr 2, 2016
Happy this popped up as I lost the recipe and couldn't remember where I found it. My friend always wants me to bring this...Christmas, birthday, whatever. I use the green striped mints crushed in the layers and on top. Adds a little crunch and pretty.
Mar 23, 2016
This is a favorite everywhere I take it.
Apr 7, 2014
This has become a St Patrick's Day tradition in our house. My whole family loves it. I have had to substitute out vanilla creamer because I can't always find the Irish Creme flavor, and it still came out great. We have used lots of different candies in this rather than the mint candies since my kids don't like mint.
Mar 13, 2014
Absolutely Delicious! In place of a carton of whipped topping...I made my own mint flavored whipped cream, by adding 1/2 cup of powdered rsugar, green food coloring, and 1/2 teaspoon of mint extract to 2 cups of whipping cream!
Dec 26, 2013
Big hit with co-workers. I made it with the Flavored creamer and it was really good so im sure using Baileys Irish Cream would be awsome.
Dec 16, 2013
I totally forgot to put the Andes chips in the dessert so I just threw them all on top! It was delicious anyway and I will make it again!
May 26, 2013
Due to my high blood sugar, totally lightened up the recipe. With the exception of the Andes mint chips and Irish creme liqueur, everything light or sugar-free but still good. Light and refreshing.