Irish Cream Cupcakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 6 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 2. Beat in applesauce and vanilla (mixture may appear curdled). Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with liqueur, beating well after each addition.
- 3. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 4. For frosting, in a large bowl, beat butter and cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in liqueur. Add confectioners’ sugar; beat until smooth. Pipe over tops of cupcakes. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake: 273 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 170mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Irish Cream Cupcakes
"Oh my gosh these were so yummy--worth every bit of the $20 I spent on a bottle of Bailey's. My first time using reduced fat cream cheese for frosting--I was shocked it tasted so good. I did notice they are quite a bit dry the next day so try to eat them when they are fresh!!!"
"These were an all-time favorite for family, co-workers & friends. I don't need to add or subtract from the recipe. I will definitely make this again. It was a great recipe to welcome "Spring" for 2015! I give it a 10 star instead of 5!"
"I tried this recipe to see if I would like it for our VFW St Patrick's Day dinner. They were great and will definitely be on the menu. Thank you for a great recipe."
"Could these be made as a layer cake?? Sounds very yummy"
"I made these for my office and my co-workers loved them.The cupcakes are moist and the flavors are nice and fresh. I substituted mocha in the frosting for the irish cream as they blended very nicely. Popcorn salt added to the frosting gets rid of the extra sweetness in the sugar."
"I made this for a party and everyone loved them. They are so moist and just the right amount of liquor."
"cake is excellent, moist and sweet and a crispy edge. Frosting has the perfect balance of Baily's."
"These were tasty according to my husband and his co-workers but too sweet. I knew when I was making them that 1.5 cups of sugar seemed like an awful lot of sugar but wanted to make it exactly as stated for the first go. Next time, I will cut back on the sugar by a half-cup & see how it is. I did like the texture of these cupcakes - dense and very "cakey"."
"Delicious! easy to make, too."