Iowa in a Bowl Salad
After I tasted this salad at a church picnic, I had to get the recipe. It's a delicious way to serve corn— everyone I've ever served it to has loved it!
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 3 cups fresh corn, cooked
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- 3/4 cup diced unpeeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine corn, green onions, tomatoes, cucumber and onion. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl; pour over vegetables and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 82 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Iowa in a Bowl Salad in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook