Iowa Ham Balls Main Dish
This unusual meatball will be sure to treat your friend and family to a great meal.—Grace Howaniec, Waukesha, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 2 pound ground ham
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) tomato soup, undiluted
- 3/4 cup white vinegar
- 2-1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the crumbs, eggs and milk. Crumble ham and beef over mixture. Shape meat mixture, 1/2 cup at a time, into individual balls and place in a 13x9-in. baking dish.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and pour over balls. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 897 calories, 40g fat (15g saturated fat), 198mg cholesterol, 1924mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (70g sugars, 1g fiber), 49g protein.
Originally published as Iowa Ham Balls Main Dish in Country Woman January/February 1990
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
More from Taste of Home
What’s the Secret to Perfect Burgers at Home? A Former Restaurant Chef Shares 11 Expert Burger Grilling Tips