International Stuffed Zucchini
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 large zucchini
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup shredded Havarti cheese with jalapeno or Havarti cheese
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil or oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut each zucchini in half lengthwise; cut a thin slice from the bottoms so they sit flat. Scoop out pulp, leaving 1/4-in. shells. Place zucchini shells in a small microwave- and oven-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain and set aside.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook beef and garlic until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the Havarti cheese, 1/2 cup feta cheese, basil, salt and pepper.
- Fill zucchini with meat mixture. Bake at 400° for 15 minutes. Top with remaining feta; bake 5 minutes longer or until zucchini is tender and cheese is melted.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 391 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 588mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 32g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Aug 11, 2015
I made this the other night, we have oodles of squash in our garden. It was a nice twist to a classic. I love that I was able to use some fresh basil from out of the garden.
May 13, 2015
It was tasty. Since I bought zucchini at the store, they were a bit smaller, so I had to use 3. I also used dried basil, but less of it. It was quite tasty and pretty simple to make.
Aug 19, 2011
This recipe has great flavors with the basil and cheeses. I did everything as it said but used ground turkey. A friend that tried it at work also made it at home for her family and used ground meat. It was a great success. I definitely will be making it again.