- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 pounds potatoes (about 9 medium), peeled and cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced fontina cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Sprinkle bread crumbs onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain; transfer to a large bowl. Mash potatoes with cream, butter, eggs, and seasonings.
- Spoon half of potatoes into prepared pan. Layer with cheese and salami; top with remaining potatoes. Combine the topping ingredients; spoon over potatoes.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until topping is golden brown and a thermometer reads 160°. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Serve warm. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forInternational Potato Cake
"v delicious and yummy eassy to cook"
"But, I'd make it my way. Why mess with perfection. I have been making a potato cake for years but, without the lemon-pepper, Greek seasoning or garlic salt. I make it with pepperoni (cut-up) and fontina or provolone cheese. Everything else is exactly the same. It's Italian. And I don't use seasoned bread crumbs, but have wanted to try it. I just never think of it in time."
"Everyone raved about these potatoes. Left out the salami but family wants to try it with, so I'll make it again."
"go to the top of the page, above the recipe, and type "greek seasoning" into the search box."
"we loved this, nice change up for potatoes.. I would leave the meat out next time."
"My family loves this! I even substituted salami with a layer of sauteed ground meat with green onions and used pepper jack cheese for the center layer. It was a hit!"
"Sounds enticing; what is Greek Seasoning and can I make it from stuff in my cupboards.Would like to try it."
"I made this on St Patricks Day, I used provalone cheese insteas of fontaina and no meat. It was wonderful and went great with several meat entrays. The last piece needed a little gravy and was delishious! Next time I'll use yugon gold instead of russets, pepper jack cheese and ground lamb with bacon for a complete meal "cake". It's a big"cake"!"