Instead of Frying Fish
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound walleye, perch or pike fillets
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed potato chips
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cut fish into serving-size pieces. Place milk in a shallow bowl. In another shallow bowl, combine the potato chips, Parmesan cheese and thyme. Dip fish in milk, then roll in potato chip mixture.
- Sprinkle a greased 9-in. square baking pan with bread crumbs. Place fish over crumbs; drizzle with butter. Bake, uncovered, at 500° for 12-14 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 270 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 314mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
May 5, 2016
Great fish coating. I don't like all the grease and salt from potato chips so I do half potato chips and half crushed corn flakes and my family loves it.
Aug 15, 2014
Very good. Great tip from bhall to put the fish on top of the bread crumbs and pat the potato chip mixture on.
Feb 25, 2012
Really good! Barely had enough breading, think i'll double the breading ingredients next time. I used cod but otherwise followed the recipe to a T. Husband loved it :)
Feb 12, 2012
This is very good as is, but next time I will drizzle a little fresh lemon over the top when I serve it. I really like lemon on fish.
Aug 3, 2011
We catch our own fish (Walleye & Perch) The trick is dip in milk,put it on top of the bread crumbs & then put crushed potato chip mixture & drizzled butter on it It comes out perfect every time. Family & friends love it!
Jul 11, 2011
Thought it was great!
Jun 20, 2011
the potato chip mixture did not stick well to the fish and so the flavor did not coat the fish like it should have and so tasted like cooked catfish.
Oct 29, 2009
very tasty and easy
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.