- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon dried celery flakes
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 10-1/2 cups dried bread cubes (about 24 slices) or unseasoned croutons
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small resealable plastic bag, combine the first six ingredients; mix well. Place the bread cubes in a large resealable plastic bag; add the small seasoning bag. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 1 year. Yield: 3 batches.
- To prepare stuffing: In a large saucepan, combine water, butter and 1/3 cup seasoning mix. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat. Add 3-1/2 cups bread cubes; stir just to moisten. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Yield: 2-4 servings per batch.
Reviews forInstant Stuffing Mix
"Thank you so much for this. What a great idea! I want to make some to send as gifts to my children. I love that this makes a stuffing mix that is made with more natural ingredients."