Instant Spiced Tea Mix
Perfect for a gift or to keep on hand when friends stop by, this versatile mix can be served hot or cold. "This was my grandma's favorite tea mixture," says Julie Dvornicky of Broadview Heights, Ohio. "The blend of ingredients makes it one of a kind!"
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 5 min.
- 8 cups sweetened lemonade mix
- 1 cup orange breakfast drink mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened instant tea
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 9 cups
- To prepare 1 gallon iced tea: Dissolve 2 cups of tea mix in 1 gallon of water; stir well. Serve over ice. Yield: 16 servings.
- To prepare 1 cup hot tea: Dissolve 2 tablespoons of tea mix in 1 cup of boiling water; stir well.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 110 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Originally published as Spiced Tea Mix in Taste of Home February/March 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.