Perfect for a gift or to keep on hand when friends stop by, this versatile mix can be served hot or cold. "This was my grandma's favorite tea mixture," says Julie Dvornicky of Broadview Heights, Ohio. "The blend of ingredients makes it one of a kind!"
Recommended: 40 Homemade Drinks That’ll Make You Feel Warm & Cozy
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 cups sweetened lemonade mix
- 1 cup orange breakfast drink mix
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened instant tea
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 9 cups
- To prepare 1 gallon iced tea: Dissolve 2 cups of tea mix in 1 gallon of water; stir well. Serve over ice. Yield: 16 servings.
- To prepare 1 cup hot tea: Dissolve 2 tablespoons of tea mix in 1 cup of boiling water; stir well. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Spiced Tea Mix in Taste of Home February/March 2004, p53
Reviews forInstant Spiced Tea Mix
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2011
"Too much lemonade not enough tea or orange flavor"