- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushrooms, drained
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1 package (16 ounces) corkscrew noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef with onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder until the onion is tender; drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce, tomato sauce, tomato paste and mushrooms; simmer 10 minutes. Combine the spinach, noodles, eggs, bread crumbs and cheddar cheese; place half in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with half of the meat sauce. Repeat layers. Cover and bake at 350° for 40-45 minute or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese; let stand 10 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forInside-Out Ravioli
"I have made this hearty pasta dish for years. It's been a while since I've made it and my husband just asked for it! It makes enough for a small army but it freezes well and left-overs taste great the next day too. It's been a keeper since I first made it years ago."
"I used fresh garlic, 24 oz of sauce, and extra mozzarella..my girls loved it!"
"Spiral pasta=fusilli. Leave out the canned mushrooms, use fresh baby spinach. This is worth the work, and it freezes well."
"I made this for several years when the kids were still living at home because they liked it, and it was one way to get them to eat some spinach!"