Indonesian-Style Pork Roast Recipe
Your family and friends won't believe you when you reveal the "secret ingredients" for this flavorful pork roast—peanut butter! I've served this roast to guests for years, and I can't tell you how many times I've sent copies of the recipe home with guests. For a change of taste, you can substitute toasted walnuts for peanuts and use walnut oil instead of peanut butter.
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- PEANUT SAUCE:
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup dry sherry, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- 1. Combine coating ingredients in a bowl; mix until smooth. rub coating over all exposed surfaces of the roast; let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2. Place roast in greased baking dish; cook at 325° until thermometer inserted in center registers 160° (about 75 minutes).
- 3. To make sauce, combine all ingredients except peanuts in saucepan; bring to a boil. Let cool; add peanuts. Set aside. Remove roast from oven; let stand for 15 minutes. Slice into serving portions and serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
5 ounce-weight: 385 calories, 20g fat (5g saturated fat), 91mg cholesterol, 3027mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 43g protein.
Reviews for Indonesian-Style Pork Roast
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2010
"Very tastey and tender"
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC