Indonesian-Style Pork Roast
Your family and friends won't believe you when you reveal the "secret ingredients" for this flavorful pork roast—peanut butter! I've served this roast to guests for years, and I can't tell you how many times I've sent copies of the recipe home with guests. For a change of taste, you can substitute toasted walnuts for peanuts and use walnut oil instead of peanut butter.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 1-1/4 hours + standing
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- PEANUT SAUCE:
- 1 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- Combine coating ingredients in a bowl; mix until smooth. rub coating over all exposed surfaces of the roast; let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place roast in greased baking dish; roast until thermometer reads 140°, about 75 minutes. (Temperature of roast will continue to rise another 5-10° upon standing.)
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients except peanuts in saucepan; bring to a boil. Let cool; add peanuts. Set aside. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Serve roast with sauce.Freeze Option: Freeze cooled meat with some of the juices in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat though in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary.