Your family and friends won't believe you when you reveal the "secret ingredients" for this flavorful pork roast—peanut butter! I've served this roast to guests for years, and I can't tell you how many times I've sent copies of the recipe home with guests. For a change of taste, you can substitute toasted walnuts for peanuts and use walnut oil instead of peanut butter.
Recommended: 28 Impressive Holiday Roast Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ground coriander
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 large clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- PEANUT SAUCE:
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons pineapple juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup dry sherry, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 1/2 cup chopped unsalted peanuts
- Combine coating ingredients in a bowl; mix until smooth. rub coating over all exposed surfaces of the roast; let stand for 30 minutes. Place roast in greased baking dish; cook at 325° until meat thermometer inserted in center registers 160° (about 75 to 90 minutes).
- To make sauce, combine all ingredients except peanuts in saucepan; bring to a boil. Let cool; add peanuts. Set aside. Remove roast from oven; let rest 15 minutes. Slice into serving portions and serve with sauce. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Indonesian-Style Pork Roast in Country Woman January/February 1990, p29
Reviews forIndonesian-Style Pork Roast
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 4, 2010
"Very tastey and tender"