VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup salted peanuts
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 boneless pork loin chops (1 inch thick and 5 ounces each), cut into 1-inch cubes
- In a blender or food processor, combine the first 10 ingredients; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a small saucepan; stir in butter and broth. Bring to a boil; remove from the heat. Cool.
- Pour the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Thread the pork cubes onto four small metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 12-14 minutes, turning occasionally, or until juices run clear. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Indonesian Pork in Cooking for 2 Spring 2006, p61
Reviews forIndonesian Pork
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 9, 2013
"Completely tasteless. I will not be making this dish again."