- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons chili sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 6 tablespoons chopped salted peanuts
- 6 tablespoons chopped sweet red pepper
- Place chicken in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine the onion, water, peanut butter, chili sauce, salt, cayenne and pepper; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Shred meat with two forks and return to slow cooker; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with peanuts and red pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forIndonesian Peanut Chicken
"This recipe is tasty. next time, I'm going to use a little more peanut butter and a little less chili sauce (3 tablespoons of siracha was too much for me!). I'll probably double the sauce also.thanks for the recipe!"
"We liked and would make it again. I would give it 4.5 stars."
"Spicy and absolutely delicious!!"
"I made this for the first time today. It was very good, we both liked it very much. The one thing I would suggest is doubling the sauce if you're going to serve it over rice. The chicken really soaks up the sauce once you shred it."
"My husband and I love this. My kids, not so much."
"I've made this recipe twice already and I love it! The first time I forgot to add the Fresh Red Bell Peppers before serving it. Even though it was good, I enjoyed it better with them the second time I made the recipe."