Individual Shepherd’s Pies
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chili sauce or ketchup
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup crushed potato chips
- Paprika, optional
- 1. Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until beef is no longer pink, 5-7 minutes, breaking up beef into crumbles. Add garlic; cook 1 minute or until tender. Drain. Stir in chili sauce and vinegar.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix mashed potatoes and cream cheese until blended. Press one biscuit dough onto bottom and up sides of each of 10 greased muffin cups. Fill with beef mixture. Spread potato mixture over tops. Sprinkle with potato chips, pressing down lightly.
Bake until golden brown, 20-25 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with paprika.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled shepherd's pies in a single layer in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Bake on a baking sheet in a preheated 375° oven until heated through, 15-18 minutes.
2 mini pies: 567 calories, 30g fat (12g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 1378mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 23g protein.
Apr 21, 2018
My husband and I love these. The only thing I did different is to replace the 2/3 of the catsup with Catalina salad dressing. I'm making more to night!