Individual Seafood Casseroles
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons each finely chopped sweet red and green pepper
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, ground turmeric and dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 3 to 5 drops hot pepper sauce
- 3 cans (6 ounces each) crabmeat, drained, flaked and cartilage removed
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained and flaked
- 1/4 pound cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 hard-boiled large eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon each chopped sweet red and green pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Stir in the peppers, seasonings, lemon juice and pepper sauce until blended.
- Remove from the heat; add the crab, tuna, shrimp and eggs. Transfer to six greased ovenproof 10-oz. dishes.
- In a small bowl, combine the cheese, bread crumbs and garlic powder. Sprinkle over seafood mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15 minutes. Sprinkle with peppers. Bake 5-8 minutes longer or until heated through and edges are bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 460 calories, 33g fat (20g saturated fat), 233mg cholesterol, 680mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 26g protein.
Feb 18, 2010
Awesome flavor! Very mild curry flavor so if you are not a fan don't let that turn you away from this recipe. I was curious to how all the ingredients would go together and everyone loved this on a cold wintery night. Very satisfying and a unique dish.
Feb 10, 2010
Good flavor, but had the consistency of baby food. I would make again, but add 1 cup of cooked white rice and 1 cup of frozen corn, thawed. Also, I would saute the peppers with the onion to soften.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.