Individual Pork & Cranberry Potpies
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups apple cider or juice
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon beef or chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed, or dried thyme
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 5 cups chopped cooked pork
- 4 sheets refrigerated pie crust
- Adjust oven rack to lower third of oven; preheat oven to 450°. In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until berries pop, about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix flour and water until smooth; stir into cranberry mixture. Return to a boil, stirring constantly; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Stir in pork; remove from heat.
- On a work surface, unroll crusts. Roll each into a 14-in. circle. Using a 5-in. disposable foil potpie pan as a guide (top side down), cut out sixteen 6-in. crust circles, rerolling scraps as needed.
- Press one crust circle firmly into bottom and up sides of eight 5-in. disposable foil pans. Divide pork mixture evenly among pans. Place remaining crust circles over tops, pressing bottom and top crusts together firmly; flute edges. Cut slits in crusts.
- Place potpies on baking sheets. Bake until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly, 30-35 minutes.
Freeze option: Cover tightly and freeze unbaked potpies. To use, bake frozen pies on baking sheets in a preheated 425° oven until golden brown and a thermometer inserted in center reads 165°, 40-45 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 potpie: 727 calories, 34g fat (14g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 746mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Oct 3, 2019
Sorry, but this dish is not worth the work Even worse, the recipe is labelled as "healthy," but the nutrition information for one serving is anything but healthy: 727 calories, 34g fat (14g saturated fat), 98mg cholesterol, 746mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 30g protein...I had to share one serving with my husband. I added a side salad since this potpie contains no vegetables.
Jul 23, 2016
We did not like this at all. Not even sure how to adapt it to our tastes. Will not make again
Jan 5, 2016
good but different need to get used to