Individual Ham Loaves
I found this recipe in a 1989 Fulton County Illinois Homemakers cookbook. When I make it I usually double or triple the recipe and then freeze individual loaves. Great to have on hand for unexpected company and they make your meal look and taste special.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, egg, cracker crumbs, onion, mustard, salt and pepper. Crumble the ham, beef and pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into two 4-1/2x2-1/2-in. loaves.
- Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar and mustard. Spread half of mixture over loaves; bake 5 minutes longer. Spread with remaining mixture. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 626 calories, 31g fat (11g saturated fat), 174mg cholesterol, 1252mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 37g protein.
Originally published as Individual Ham Loaves in Reminisce Extra March 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.