I found this recipe in a 1989 Fulton County Illinois Homemakers cookbook. When I make it I usually double or triple the recipe and then freeze individual loaves. Great to have on hand for unexpected company and they make your meal look and taste special.
Recommended: 31 Easy Quick Bread Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1/4 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- In a small bowl, combine the milk, egg, cracker crumbs, onion, mustard, salt and pepper. Crumble the ham, beef and pork over mixture and mix well. Shape into two 4-1/2x2-1/2-in. loaves.
- Place in a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, pineapple juice, vinegar and mustard. Spread half of mixture over loaves; bake 5 minutes longer. Spread with remaining mixture. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Individual Ham Loaves in Reminisce Extra March 2008, p 53