Individual Greek Pizzas
Cooking spinach in oil eliminates the need to squeeze the water from the leaves and keeps your pizza sauce from becoming too watery.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 4 prebaked mini pizza crusts
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute spinach in oil for 2-3 minutes or until wilted. Remove and set aside. In the same skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in pizza sauce; cook for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Place crusts in an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; spread with meat sauce to within 1/2 in. of edges. Layer with spinach, tomatoes, cheese and pine nuts. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 687 calories, 27g fat (8g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 1436mg sodium, 77g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 7g fiber), 35g protein.
Oct 7, 2009
I made one big pizza from pre-packaged refrigerated pizza dough and I didn't have pizza sauce so I subbed spaghetti sauce. My husband and toddler loved this - that's an accomplishment. We will definitely make this again!