Individual Egg Bakes
Don't sell this simple but delicious recipe short. It's been a hit with my friends and family for years. I plan to make a few extra each time because no one can seem to eat enough of them!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 8 bacon strips
- 1 cup ketchup, chili-pepper ketchup or salsa
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Partially cook bacon in microwave or oven until about halfway done (do not overcook); drain. Spray eight 10-oz. custard cups with cooking spray. Line each cup with one bacon strip. Spoon 2 tablespoons ketchup or salsa on top of bacon. Break one egg into each cup; season with salt and pepper. Place cups on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until eggs reach desired doneness. Let stand 2 minutes. Run a knife around edge of cups; slip eggs out of cups onto a serving platter.
- Spoon sauce from the custard cups over eggs. Garnish with parsley if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 232 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 228mg cholesterol, 584mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 9g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Individual Egg Bakes in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook