Don't sell this simple but delicious recipe short. It's been a hit with my friends and family for years. I plan to make a few extra each time because no one can seem to eat enough of them!
Recommended: 50 Hearty Breakfast Casseroles
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 8 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips
- 1 cup ketchup, chili-pepper ketchup or salsa
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Partially cook bacon in microwave or oven until about halfway done (do not overcook); drain. Spray eight 10-oz. custard cups with cooking spray. Line each cup with one bacon strip. Spoon 2 tablespoons ketchup or salsa on top of bacon. Break one egg into each cup; season with salt and pepper. Place cups on a baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until eggs reach desired doneness. Let stand 2 minutes. Run a knife around edge of cups; slip eggs out of cups onto a serving platter.
- Spoon sauce from the custard cups over eggs. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Individual Egg Bakes in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p18
Reviews forIndividual Egg Bakes
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 14, 2012
"This sounds interesting. Could you use a cupcake pan if you are making it for a bunch of people? I'll have to try it at home."