Individual Cranberry Trifles
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Fresh cranberries or mint, optional
- Prepare, bake and cool angel food cake according to package directions. Cut into 1-in. cubes; set aside. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, sour cream and vanilla; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. In a bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, sugar and orange zest.
- In individual parfait glasses or a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, cranberry mixture and whipped topping mixture. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with cranberries and mint if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 440 calories, 16g fat (12g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 313mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Sep 2, 2013
Divide recipe in half and keep the other half of cake for another time
Sep 18, 2008
Since time is of the essance for me, I bought an angel food cake and proceeded with the receipe...it was very well received even though the season for cranberries have not yet reached its peak.Peggy colorado springs
Sep 17, 2008
I will have to try this, it looks beautiful!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.