- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) whole-berry cranberry sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons grated orange zest
- Fresh cranberries or mint, optional
- Prepare, bake and cool angel food cake according to package directions. Cut into 1-in. cubes; set aside. In a large bowl, combine cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, sour cream and vanilla; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. In a bowl, combine the cranberry sauce, sugar and orange zest.
- In individual parfait glasses or a 3-qt. trifle bowl, layer half of the cake cubes, cranberry mixture and whipped topping mixture. Repeat layers. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with cranberries and mint if desired. Yield: 14-16 servings.
Reviews forIndividual Cranberry Trifles
"Divide recipe in half and keep the other half of cake for another time"
"Since time is of the essance for me, I bought an angel food cake and proceeded with the receipe...it was very well received even though the season for cranberries have not yet reached its peak.Peggy colorado springs"
"I will have to try this, it looks beautiful!!!"