Individual Cheese Balls
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups ground walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Roll in nuts. Chill thoroughly. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 99 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 1, 2013
I have prepared these little cheese balls & they are so tasty as an appetizer! I'd prepared this for our holiday program this past December & in 2012 for a wedding shower! I did make some adjustments by adding one crushed garlic clove and I adjusted the following ingredients as listed: I used 1/2 finely chopped onion, 1-1/2 tsp. dried parsley flakes, 1 tsp. bottled lemon juice, 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce. I've also used either 1-1/2 to 2 cups of chopped pecans OR walnuts-both these nuts worked for me! Thank you, Mildred Sherrer, for sharing this recipe! This recipe is definitely a keeper! I got about 28 of these cheese balls-I found that the secret is rolling the cheese mixture into balls, then roll in the nuts so that they stick! I prepared these little cheese balls again 10/9/14 for another wedding shower as the menu features appetizers and desserts! I also inserted fancy toothpicks into the cheese balls for easier handling and also to add a festive touch!DELowenstein
Dec 17, 2008
The best cheese balls for any party! Just the right size for even small children and there's never anything wasted!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.