Individual Cheese Balls
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 to 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 to 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 to 2 cups ground walnuts
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. Roll in nuts. Chill thoroughly. Serve with crackers.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 99 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 71mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Jul 1, 2013
I have prepared these little cheese balls & they are so tasty as an appetizer! I'd prepared this for our holiday program this past December & in 2012 for a wedding shower! I did make some adjustments by adding one crushed garlic clove and I adjusted the following ingredients as listed: I used 1/2 finely chopped onion, 1-1/2 tsp. dried parsley flakes, 1 tsp. bottled lemon juice, 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce. I've also used either 1-1/2 to 2 cups of chopped pecans OR walnuts-both these nuts worked for me! Thank you, Mildred Sherrer, for sharing this recipe! This recipe is definitely a keeper! I got about 28 of these cheese balls-I found that the secret is rolling the cheese mixture into balls, then roll in the nuts so that they stick! I prepared these little cheese balls again 10/9/14 for another wedding shower as the menu features appetizers and desserts! I also inserted fancy toothpicks into the cheese balls for easier handling and also to add a festive touch!DELowenstein
Dec 17, 2008
The best cheese balls for any party! Just the right size for even small children and there's never anything wasted!