- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1 cup condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/4 cup milk
- Prepare grill for indirect heat. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into four patties. Place each patty on a greased double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square); sprinkle each with potatoes and carrots.
- Combine soup and milk; spoon over meat and vegetables. Fold foil around mixture and seal tightly. Grill, covered, over indirect medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink and potatoes are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forIndividual Campfire Stew
"We made thiese in the campfire, calling them "foilburgers" only no soup. we put cheese in the center of the burger, and used mixed vegetables or whatever was handy...sometimes using Corn on the cob right out of the field in its own foil or we would peel back the husks, take out the silk, slather them with butter, and replace the husks, being careful to spray with water. YUM!!"
"This was very good. Only difference is i would either do as suggested by another writer and use the cubed hashbrowns, or just more hashbrowns as there was very little in the packet. Otherwise this recipe was very good !"