Individual Brunch Casseroles Recipe
- 3 cups shredded raw potatoes
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green pepper
- 2 to 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1. In a large skillet, saute potatoes, onion, celery and green pepper in 2 tablespoons oil until vegetables are just tender. If necessary, add additional oil to prevent sticking. Remove from the heat. In a large bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper. Add cheese, bacon and mushrooms; mix well. Stir in potato mixture. Pour into four greased individual baking dishes. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 507 calories, 31g fat (12g saturated fat), 261mg cholesterol, 995mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 23g protein.
Reviews for Individual Brunch Casseroles
"Will try this"
"I have cooked & tried many breakfast casseroles and thus far this one is the best one yet. I think my family would like me to make this all the time. Great Job & thanks for sharing!"
"THIS ALSO MAKES A NICE CASSEEROLE EVEN IF YOU USE THE ONE DISH SYSTEM. WE LIKED IT VERY MUCH"
"I would try to make it a little more diet-savvy by using egg whites, low fat cheese, and not use so much bacon. More vegetables could be added instead such as tomatoes and yellow squash. Could be topped with Salsa."
"I made this today for lunch, great taste, filling, thinking about making it for Easter Sunday."