Individual Apple Crisps
Her pared-down version of apple crisp is autumn at its tastiest, notes Viola C. Ferguson, Roscoe, Illinois. You’ll almost wish there were leftovers!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 cup thinly sliced peeled tart apple
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the apple, sugar and water. Divide between two 6-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over apple mixture. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Serve warm with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 247 calories, 12g fat (7g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Individual Apple Crisps in Cooking for 2 Fall 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.