Indian-Spiced Snack Mix
Use your microwave to make a big batch of snack mix in just 20 minutes. It's ideal for anyone who likes a little spice. What a great change of pace from sweets! —Jill Pokrivka, York, PA
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine cereals and nuts. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine corn syrup, honey and butter; microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until bubbly. Stir in salt and spices; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Microwave in batches on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Spread onto a baking sheet to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 219 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 516mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Sweet & Nutty Indian Spiced Chex Mix in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2016