Indian-Spiced Snack Mix
Use your microwave to make a big batch of snack mix in just 20 minutes. It's ideal for anyone who likes a little spice. What a great change of pace from sweets! —Jill Pokrivka, York, PA
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups Corn Chex
- 3 cups Wheat Chex
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup shelled pistachios
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 4-1/2 teaspoons butter
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large bowl, combine cereals and nuts. In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine corn syrup, honey and butter; microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-45 seconds or until bubbly. Stir in salt and spices; pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat.
- Microwave in batches on high for 2 minutes, stirring once. Spread onto a baking sheet to cool. Store in an airtight container.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 219 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 516mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.