Incredible Chocolate Cake
My brother-in-law calls this "Snicker Bar Cake" and has me make it for every family occasion. It's always the first dessert to go.—Janice Britz, Lexington, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 45 min. + chilling
- 1 package chocolate cake mix (regular size)
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 jar (12-1/4 ounces) caramel ice cream topping
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), crushed
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions, using a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Place on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, poke 20 holes in warm cake. Pour milk over cake; cool for 10 minutes. Pour caramel topping over cake; cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine whipped topping and cocoa; spread over cake. Sprinkle with crushed candy bars. Cover and store in the refrigerator.
Originally published as Incredible Chocolate Cake in Country Woman January/February 2002
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.