In-A-Hurry Hot Dog Dinner
In Niles, Ohio, Sandra Small combines sliced franks with plenty of green pepper, onions and tomatoes for this well-seasoned entree. "Serve it plain or over noodles or rice," she recommends.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (1 pound) hot dogs, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced
- 3 celery ribs, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked noodles or rice
- In a large skillet, cook and stir hot dogs in 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat until lightly browned; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, saute the onions, celery and green pepper in remaining butter until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the tomatoes, oregano, paprika, pepper and hot dogs. Cook and stir until heated through. Serve with noodles or rice.