- 2-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cups sugar
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons caramel ice cream topping
- 4 Heath candy bars (1.4 ounces each), chopped
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325° for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Beat in the sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla. Beat in eggs on low speed just until combined. Pour into crust. Place pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square). Securely wrap foil around pan.
- Place in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325° for 1-1/2 hours or until surface is no longer shiny and center is almost set. Remove pan from water bath. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with caramel topping and candy bar pieces. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forImpressive Traditional Cheesecake
"Great recipe, I just didn't use the lemon juice but still great taste. I loved it and so did my family."
"I made it TOTALLY sugar free by using Splenda instead of sugar. My family didn't know the difference and LOVED it!!"
"Found out this makes 2 cheesecakes. This time I halved the recipe. This is a great recipe no need to add or change anything!"
"THIS IS A GOOD AND SIMPLE CHEESECAKE. THIS IS THE ONE TO MAKE FOR THE OFFICE OR HOLIDAY PARTY. HAVE TOPPINGS IN A SEPERATE DISH TO BE ADDED TO INDIVIDUAL SLICES, THAT IS THE WAY CHEESECAKE NEEDS TO BE DONE. IT NEEDS NOTHING."