- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 6 large marshmallows
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- Coarse white sugar and/or edible glitter, optional
- Icing decorations or bear-shaped crackers, optional
- Prepare and bake cake mix according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool completely. Remove cupcakes from liners.
- Place one cupcake on a serving plate, top side down. Cover completely with 1/4 cup whipped topping. Cut a large marshmallow crosswise in half. Cut each half with an apple corer to make an igloo entrance; press against cupcake.
- Starting at the bottom, cover entire cupcake with rows of miniature marshmallows, forming an igloo. Repeat with remaining cupcakes. If desired, decorate with coarse sugar and icing decorations.
Edible glitter and icing decorations are available from Wilton Industries. Call 800-794-5866 or visit wilton.com.
1 cupcake: 286 calories, 5g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 58g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.