Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 4 hot baked potatoes
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped green onions
- Salsa, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add taco seasoning; prepare according to package directions.
- With a sharp knife, cut an X in the top of each potato; fluff pulp with a fork. Top with taco meat, cheese and onions. Serve with salsa if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 601 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 90mg cholesterol, 990mg sodium, 76g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 7g fiber), 34g protein.
Dec 28, 2017
I paired this with soup for a quick weeknight meal on a cold night. Also topped with a bit of sour cream.
Oct 11, 2011
I was browsing and swa these! these are a regular at our dinner table we call them Taco potatoes! I like to use ground turkey when I have it but everything else is just the same! tastes yummy with a dollup of plain yogurt or sour cream on top!
Oct 5, 2008
Thanks for reminding me...we haven't had this in quite some time now. This makes a quick & great tasting meal.:)
Oct 5, 2008
These are very filling, delicious, and easy! One of our family favorites. If you make a double recipe of taco meat at the beginning of the week, you can use it for the potatoes one night and taco salad another.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.