Icy Olive Soup
When summer turns up the heat, I reach for this cool, refreshing soup. The color of the olives contrasts nicely with the creamy yogurt base.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2 cans (10-1/2 ounces each) condensed chicken broth, undiluted
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup coarsely chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Seasoned croutons, optional
- In a large bowl, stir yogurt until smooth. Whisk in broth. Add the next six ingredients; mix well. Cover and chill for 4 hours. Stir before serving. Garnish with croutons if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 108 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 11mg cholesterol, 683mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1/2 starch.
Originally published as Icy Olive Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.