Icy Fruit Pops
My grandmother made these pineapple treats for my brother and me when we were little. Today, the pops remain a cool and simple snack that delights kids of all ages. —Le Ann Kane of Forsyth, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 3/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/2 cup sugar
- 5 medium firm bananas, cut into 1/4-inch slices and quartered
- 1 can (12 ounces) diet ginger ale
- 24 maraschino cherries or fresh strawberries
- 24 paper cups (3 ounces each) and wooden pop sticks
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple, water, orange juice concentrate, lemonade concentrate and sugar substitute. Stir in the bananas and ginger ale.
- Place a cherry in each cup; fill with pineapple mixture. Top with foil and insert sticks through foil. Freeze until firm.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 66 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Originally published as Frozen Fruit Cups in Light & Tasty June/July 2006
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.