I grow mint in the garden on my balcony. In this minty tea, I blend two of my favorite beverages—Moroccan mint tea and honeydew agua fresca. —Sarah Batt Throne, El Cerrito, California
Recommended: 21 Favorite Iced Tea Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 cups water
- 24 fresh mint leaves
- 8 individual green tea bags
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 5 cups diced honeydew melon, divided
- 3 cups ice cubes, divided
- Additional ice cubes
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil; remove from heat. Add mint leaves and tea bags; steep, covered, 3-5 minutes according to taste, stirring occasionally. Discard mint and tea bags. Stir in sugar.
- Place 2-1/2 cups honeydew, 2 cups tea and 1-1/2 cups ice in a blender; cover and process until blended. Serve over additional ice. Repeat with remaining ingredients. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Iced Honeydew Mint Tea in Simple & Delicious June/July 2016