Cookie crescents get a tropical twist when you add refreshing orange juice and coconut. Bake these goodies any time of year and decorate them to suit the season or occasion. —Maria Benbrook, Port Monmouth, New Jersey
Featured In: 50 Coconut Recipes to Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-2/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- Assorted sprinkles of your choice
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, orange juice and vanilla. Combine flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in coconut.
- Shape tablespoonfuls of dough into crescent shapes. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute before removing to wire racks to cool.
- In a small bowl, combine confectioners' sugar and milk. Decorate as desired with icing and sprinkles. Let stand until set. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Iced Coconut Crescents in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p151
Reviews forIced Coconut Crescents
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 7, 2018
"Can you substitute coconut milk or coconut water for the orange juice?? Thanks!"
Reviewed Nov. 16, 2014
"Delicious and easy to make"