A quick-bread mix is the secret behind this speedy and versatile spice cake from Marilyn Terman in Columbus, Ohio. Moist and flecked with bits of apple, it’s fabulous for dessert and great with a cup of coffee or as a breakfast coffee cake, Marilyn notes.
Recommended: 28 Apple Recipes to Make in a 13×9 Pan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 package (15.4 ounces) nut quick bread mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 to 5 tablespoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add quick bread mix and cinnamon and mix well. Fold in apples and raisins.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, cinnamon, butter, vanilla and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Drizzle over cake. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Originally published as Apple Snack Cake in Simple & Delicious September/October 2006, p47
Reviews forIced Apple Snack Cake
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 13, 2013