Icebox Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 1 can (16 ounces) cut green beans, drained
- 1 can (17 ounces) tiny peas, drained
- 1 can (16 ounces) whole kernel corn or shoe peg corn, drained
- 1 jar (4 ounces) chopped pimiento, drained
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Combine all vegetables in a large glass bowl; set aside. In a saucepan, combine sugar, vinegar, oil, salt and pepper; bring to a boil. Cool slightly and pour over vegetables. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Yield: 6-8 servings.
If Cooking for Two: Salad may be stored in a plastic bag or covered container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
1 cup: 317 calories, 14g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 799mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 5g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Icebox Vegetable Salad
"I found the dressing too sweet and the veggies were dripping in the dressing. Not sure if I would make it again but if I do, would cut down on the amount of the dressing and the sugar used."
"I made a double batch for the Memorial Day get-together. It went well with all the grilled foods. Not a morsel was left in the bowl! Since it is said to last for up to a week in the refrigerator, I think I will make a regular batch for my husband and me. I barely got to taste what I took to the cook-out."