My mother liked making these cool creamy treats when I was growing up in the States because they're so quick to fix. Now my three kids enjoy them.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups cold skim milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups light whipped topping
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 21 whole reduced-fat graham crackers, halved
- Mix pudding and milk according to package directions and refrigerate until set. Fold in whipped topping, chocolate chips and vanilla. Place 21 graham cracker halves on a baking sheet; top each with about 3 tablespoons filling. Place another graham cracker half on top. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Wrap individually in plastic wrap; freeze. Serve sandwiches frozen.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 114 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Icebox Sandwiches in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Second Edition
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.