My mother liked making these cool creamy treats when I was growing up in the States because they're so quick to fix. Now my three kids enjoy them.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + freezing
- 2 cups cold skim milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) instant sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups light whipped topping
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 21 whole reduced-fat graham crackers, halved
- Mix pudding and milk according to package directions and refrigerate until set. Fold in whipped topping, chocolate chips and vanilla. Place 21 graham cracker halves on a baking sheet; top each with about 3 tablespoons filling. Place another graham cracker half on top. Freeze for 1 hour or until firm. Wrap individually in plastic wrap; freeze. Serve sandwiches frozen.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 114 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 125mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Icebox Sandwiches in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Second Edition