Icebox Cookie Cheesecake Recipe
Cookie lovers will come back for "seconds" when you serve this tempting treat.
- 1-1/4 cups chocolate wafer crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/4 pounds cream-filled chocolate cookies (54 cookies), divided
- 4 squares (1 ounce each) semisweet chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whipped cream
- 1. Combine crumbs and butter; press into bottom of a 9-in. or 10-in. springform pan. Freeze. Whip 1-1/2 cups whipping cream until stiff peaks form; refrigerate. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add sugar; blend thoroughly. Break 38 of the cookies each into three pieces; fold into filling along with chilled whipped cream. spread filling evenly into crust, smoothing top and spreading to edges. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Meanwhile, melt chocolate in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; cool slightly. Whisk in vanilla and remaining whipping cream. Loosen cheesecake from pan by running knife around edge; remove from pan. Glaze top and sides of cake with chocolate mixture. Refrigerate until glaze hardens, about 20 minutes. To serve, cut into 16 pieces; top each piece with a dollop of whipped cream and stand a whole cookie upright in cream. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice: 523 calories, 37g fat (21g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 320mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Icebox Cookie Cheesecake
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC