Ice Cream Supreme
Summers here in Maine are too short to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so we're always looking for simple, quick recipes to make. This fast dessert fits our family of ice cream lovers fine!
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate and peanut butter. Add cereal; stir until coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Set aside 3/4 cup for topping.
- Combine remaining mixture with ice cream. Spread into a 10-in. springform pan; sprinkle with reserved topping. Freeze for 4 hours or overnight.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 375 calories, 21g fat (11g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 203mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Originally published as Ice Cream Supreme in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.