Summers here in Maine are too short to spend a lot of time in the kitchen, so we're always looking for simple, quick recipes to make. This fast dessert fits our family of ice cream lovers fine!
Recommended: Our Favorite Ice Cream Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup (6 ounces) chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, softened
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate and peanut butter together. Add cereal; mix until coated. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Reserve 3/4 cup; combine remaining mixture with ice cream. Spread in a springform pan; top with remaining cereal mixture. Freeze 4 hours or overnight. Recipe can be doubled. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Ice Cream Supreme in Grandma's Great Desserts Cookbook 1992, p64